Honda 2.0L i-VTEC engine K20A, K20Z3, K20Z4 and K20Z5 tuning maps.
New maps definition (xdf) series for Honda 2.0L i-VTEC (for example Civic Type-R and Civic Si). Engine code supported are: K20A, K20Z3, K20Z4 and K20Z5. Ecu engine control unit is Keihin.
- Honda Civic Si (FA/FG) 2.0L i-VTEC K20Z3
- Acura CSX Type-S 2.0L i-VTEC K20Z3
- Honda Civic Si (FA/FG) 2.0L i-VTEC K20Z5
- Honda Civic Type-R (FD2) 2.0L i-VTEC K20A
- Honda Civic Type-R (FN2) 2.0L i-VTEC K20Z4
Through the definition files, the software TunerPro identifies the engine working parameters which allow to obtain the maximum power and torque without affecting the degree of reliability.
Please note: the maps listed may not be present in all vehicles because of the different software update and calibration numbers and different version of keihin ecu honda.
Insights on some Honda K20 Engines
The Honda K-series engine is a four cylinders four stroke car engine introduced in 2001. The K series engines are equipped with DOHC valvetrains.
K20A ecu keihin (Civic FD2 Type R): naturally aspirated with chromoly flywheel, higher-tensile strenght connecting rods, high pression pistons, stiffer valve springs, higher-lift hollow camshafts with more duration.
K20Z3 ecu keihin (Honda and Acura): it has an aluminum block with an aluminum head. K20Z3 engine has VTEC on the intake manifold and the exhaust cams. It is available on Honda Civic Si Coupe and Acura CSX.
Prices (50 euro) and supported vehicles for Honda Keihin are available in the main petrol cars bin definition files area.
TunerPro available maps (example of Honda Civic FD2 Type-R 225CV)
- Fuel: target lambda closed loop, target lambda low VTEC, target lambda high VTEC, target lambda by engine coolant temperature, target lambda.
- Ignition: spark advance high VTEC, spark advance low VTEC, minimum spark advance.
- Throttle: throttle body linearisation.
- i-VTEC: VTEC activation, intake camshaft position at partial load, intake camshaft position at high load.
- Temperature: calculated exhaust temperature.
- Idle: desired idle engine speed by engine coolant temperature.
- Special functions: rpm limiter in neutral gear, rpm limiter, speed limiter